Random Acts of Kindness Day
Free Flowers for your stories
Update: We are no longer accepting story submissions, but keep an eye out for other opportunities for free bouquets.
As a local Victoria florist, Bespoke Blossoms is excited to share with you our love for Random Acts of Kindness Day, February 17th, which is an opportunity for people to put positivity and kindness into the world. There’s something powerful about doing something nice for someone and expecting nothing in return. The last few years have been really hard on all of us, and sometimes something as simple as buying someone’s cup of coffee can really turn their whole day around.
As a flower delivery company, we take pride in helping people express their love and care to their loved ones. We want to take this one step further by spreading kindness through our initiative. We want to know about all the kindness that's being done out there, so we are accepting submissions for stories about a kind act that a stranger has done for you. If your story is accepted, we'll send a free flower bouquet on your behalf to someone whose day you want to brighten, with no strings attached.
We challenge you to try and build random acts of kindness into your life. It doesn’t need to be an everyday thing, and it doesn’t need to be taxing, but be aware of opportunities around you to put good energy into the world and to help a stranger. I’m not sure if this will save the world, but if enough people get into this idea… it might.
With everything happening in the news, we’re very excited to hear about all the good things that are happening in our town.
We’ve gotta have some rules on this thing.
- You can submit as many stories as you want, but we’re only gonna send one bouquet per author.
- The bouquet that we send will be our designers’ choice and roughly a $60 value. Fees for our local delivery service will be waived. If you want us to ship these outside of our local delivery area (Greater Victoria, Sidney, Langford), you’ll need to pay for the shipping.
- The bouquet will only be sent IF we choose your story. Not all of them will be picked, and we’ll let you know if yours is selected.
- We will only consider submissions that we receive before close of business on Friday, February 17, 2023. No submissions will be accepted after 5pm.
- Stories should be roughly between 300 and 1000 words. If it’s a little outside of the boundary, that’s fine as long as it’s compelling.
- If you’re submitting your story, it is implied that you are also granting unlimited usage rights to any submitted content. We’ll publish this under your name. We reserve the right to make modifications before publishing.
- The story needs to be about a kind thing that a stranger did for you, and how it changed your day, week, month, year, or life. It won’t be accepted if it is about a kind thing that you did for someone else.
- For obvious reasons, we won’t be publishing stories that are lewd, profane, or off topic.
- Our policy doesn’t allow us to send flowers without a name attached, so we will need to tell the recipient who they’re from.
- We’ll take stories from all ages.
Let’s all pay it forward and let’s all take a little bit of time to be nicer to each other.
RAK Day Flower Flash
On top of the great energy from these stories, we took it upon ourselves to do one of our flower flash installations right on the beautiful Songhees waterfront to give something to the community. We always have so much fun with these and always have people interested in what we're doing and it gives us a chance to say "Hi" to everyone (and their dogs!)